HELLO KITTY – SHAPES
Do you want to introduce shapes to babies and toddlers?Start with this book..
A small kitten introduces different shapes with pictures.A circle can be explained with a kitty playing ball, a square with a painting, a rectangle with a gift box , a star and many more..
A book for 0 to 2 years to introduce shapes to them..
A FATHER’S SONG BY JANET LAWLER ILLUSTRATED BY LUCY CORVINO
The story is about everything a father and a son do it in a park for a whole day. Starting from the actions to the facial expressions we loved the colorful illustrations of the book..
A book to tell us about how spending quality time with your family will be a fun…
A book not to be missed …
A method which the parents choose to educate their children at home instead of sending them to a public or a private traditional schoolParents choose to homeschool the kids for a variety of reasons like dissatisfaction with the school structure, method of learning, educational options, beliefs etc. . If we have to compare the homeschool with the traditional schooling , this includes the freedom of setting up customized eduation, flexible schedule, and the ability to captilize your childs special talents and interest.
Homeschooling allows children to learn on their own time & allows parents to have complete control over their child’s education . Parents can customize their child’s schooling around their own schedules, their child’s ideal learning time, and can take school with them anywhere. In essence, a homeschool student never misses classes because lessons can be completed at virtually any time. Parents can narrow focus on the topics which least interest the kids and make the broad focus on kids area of interest.
Making the decision to homeschool is very difficult and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Do parents need to have an educational degree or educational background?
Parents do not need an educational degree to home school the kid. Parents determine what is to be learnt and how it is to be taught following some guidelines and regulations for themselves.
If you are deciding upon homeschooling consider the factors.
- Reason for homeschooling- Don’t rush into the decision to homeschool as your friends are homeschooling or because it looks something different. You must have a personal conviction and commitment that will take you along the homeschooling journey where you have to pull your hairs out for sure some days.
- Time commitment- To give the children the kind of education they want you should be ready to plan on being home most of the time. If you want to homeschool and work outside plan accordingly with the caretakers and the spouse to make it work successfully.
- Understand the Pro’s & cons of homeschooling
- Interest of both parents –Don’t decide upon if you both are not in a mutual agreement in homeschooling your kid. You may be the one who is preparing everything for your kid but after a certain period of time you need the support of your spouse both emotionally and financially.
- Understand the homeschooling laws in your location(country or state)
- Need more patience and preservarance- Homeschooling needs careful planning and willingness to go long distance. As the time goes on you will be challenged, questioned and discouraged. There may be days when you will doubt yourself, your decision and choices. Be ready and develop your patience to overcome all this.
- Be Open to learn-Talk or meet with homeschooling families in person or through online. Try to be part of some homeschooling networks in your area which may help in choosing curriculum, resources, laws of your state and group activities. If you are moving from a regular schooling to homeschooling make the transition very slow giving time for your kid to understand and accept.
- Curriculum-Selecting a homeschooling curriculum is one of the overwhelming tasks. One of the biggest mistake homeschooling parents make is that getting too tied either too a curriculum or a schedule. Be flexible but so not so flexible that you never do school. Don’t miss the opportunity of having more free learning.
- Don’t fall into the comparison trap- Homeschooling is completely different from the entire model most of us have come up. Rest of the society and people in the family around us seems to think us like we are ruining our kids